Who will this role appeal to?
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for people movement (and ideally pedestrian modelling experience) who wants to work in a smaller, more dynamic team, that has a reputation as a world leader in its field. This role will suit someone who wants to step away from the more traditional engineering firm environment but still have the opportunity to be involved in nationally significant events and infrastructure projects.
About the company
Our client is the largest specialist people movement consultancy in the world, having contributed to the development of major events like the Olympics, state significant stadia, New Year’s Eve events and major tourist landmarks like the Eiffel Tower. The firm prides themselves on their ability to bring insight and innovation to each project, allowing them to make better buildings, places and cities. As the leader in big data analytics related to movement and behaviour with leading global businesses as clients, our clients understand that people movement is not simply a theoretical exercise. It changes the way individuals experience spaces, which not only improves their visit, but makes the space safer, more efficient and more profitable.
About the opportunity
As a Pedestrian Modeller, you will be a vital member of national project teams with the support from international, providing a range of technical inputs. This role is an exciting opportunity for you to progress within your career and work within a highly skilled team of pedestrian modelling professionals on major infrastructure projects with high profile clients. As your knowledge of the business and consultancy skills increase your role will develop.
This role will appeal to anyone who is wanting to develop their career in pedestrian modelling. You will be given the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and gain experience across various divisions/areas/disciplines, from stadia, transport, culture and security (to name a few). Our client is looking for inquisitive, data driven problem solvers who are ready to join their growing team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theoretical modelling concepts and application
- Supporting the delivery of proposals and project stages, ensuring junior team members follow standards, methods and techniques
- Interpretation of data and information, including technical analysis and preparing technical reports
- Contribute to the process of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing relating to transport and pedestrian modelling
- Innovate the service line through deployment of automation and technology solutions.
- Lead delivery of scoping at both proposal and project stages, applying standards and methods to different scenarios to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ownership of elements of projects as guided by Project Directors such as planning and oversight of client observations and surveys, developing static and dynamic models, monitoring revenue forecasts, writing technical reports and client management.
- Ensure quality assurance, perform quality control checks on technical analysis and interpretation of results of the junior team.
- Look for opportunities for documentation and standardisation to improve processes and delivery timescales; such as participating in project workshops. Develop new techniques and processes to improve outputs.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing in areas of skill including guiding junior staff members.
- Active within business development activities including crafting client use cases, writing technical proposals and marketing materials.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of pedestrian, crowd or evacuation modelling tools and concepts and a genuine interest in people movement.
- Experience within some of the following packages: Legion, Pathfinder, Mass Motion, GIS, Viswalk.
- Experience in data analytics
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a strong standard of written and spoken English.
- Employment Type
Pernament - Full-time
Pedestrian Modeller - Global Leader in People Movement, VIC
- Employment Type
Pernament - Full-time