Calibre Search are currently assisting a highly respected consultancy to appoint a Senior Consultant for their Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering teams in their Melbourne office. This is a great role for someone who has sound traffic engineering and/or transport planning capabilities and is ready to take on more project responsibilities and build their industry profile. The role will be focused on delivering the following type of projects:
- Major retail/shopping centres
- Large infill residential
- DoT pop up bike lanes
- Council ITS / Parking Precinct Plan
- Suburban Rail
Specific activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Directors in achieving overall corporate objectives
- Preparation of fee proposals and scoping of jobs
- Preparation of development impact assessments
- Complex technical analysis of traffic flows and assessment of mitigation measures
- Preparation and delivery of traffic engineering and transport planning reports
- Presentation at public meetings
- Presentation of expert testimony at Panel hearings
- Undertaking road safety audits and blackspot assessments
- Schematic design of road and parking layouts
- Building, calibrating, analysing and auditing both simple and complex models of transport networks / road systems
- Managing priorities and workloads to deliver on time and budget
- Completion of a tertiary degree in civil engineering or other related area. Post graduate qualifications desirable.
- Experience in traffic engineering and/or transport planning including project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- High level of mathematical skills
What our client will offer you…
- The chance to be part of a close knit team where your opinions and input is sought
- Opportunity to work with senior team on complex projects
- To develop your project management skills and diverse project exposure
- Great office culture and benefits
More about the firm
With offices nationwide, the consultancy is a well-respected and successful specialist firm involved in the traffic and transport discipline. They have steadily built a modelling/analytics capability and brand recognition in the fields of strategic transport planning, public transport and business case/economics advisory fields.
The firm offers a supportive environment and a professional development program that allows their employees to develop skills in relation to their desired career pathway. These include technical expertise, team builder/leadership and client development.
- Employment Type
Transport Engineer/Planner, VIC
- Employment Type